Writing Maps are portable and practical creative writing guides.
These illustrated maps for writers are bursting with creative writing prompts that will inspire you to transform people, places, objects and memories into stories. Writing Maps are devised to make the craft and practice of writing both fun and relevant to your life.
Things to do with Writing Maps:
- create new stories or use them to expand your work
- take them with you when you’re out and about, on the train, bus or plane
- use them at home, at your desk, or in a café
- use them in a writing group or on your own
- use them as a teacher to inspire students
- pick a prompt a week and write a short story
- combat writer’s block and increase curiosity
- repeat and adjust exercises to start new stories
Each illustrated Writing Map contains at least 12 extended and thought-provoking writing prompts that will help you explore places, people, characters in fiction, the writing process, and life in general. Inspiration in your pocket wherever you go. Writing Maps are a new adventure to spark your imagination and set your writing off in surprsiing directions.
No need for complicated how-to guides. These maps will get you writing right away. Guarantee!
Writing Maps are created to suit writers of all genres and levels. Bloggers, travelers, fiction and non-fiction writers, and adventurers of all kinds have found inspiration through Writing Maps. The maps are devised to inspire stories, spice up your writing routine, expand your work, develop work-in progress, and make sure you have writerly fun in ways that'll surprise you.
What people say about Writing Maps:
- “excellent writing tools as well as being quite beautiful”
- “a brilliant gift for any writer”
- “We’re off to France and I’m taking them with me”
- “brilliant for help during my degree”
- “Truly creative!”
- “original, useful, inspiring, fun”
- “your exercises are insightful and intriguing”
- “They are pinned to the wall above my desk”
From Shaun Levin, the creator of Writing Maps:
These maps grew out of my own practice as a writer, as well as out of the courses and workshops I've run over the past 20 years. Together with some exceptionally talented illustrators, my aim is to create a source of inspiration that draws on my love of writing and the ways it enriches and intensifies our engagement with the world. I'll write anywhere... in cafés, parks, art galleries, zoos, cemeteries and libraries. Then, like a magpie, I'll bring everything home again to work into a novel or short story. I hope these maps inspire and surprise you, and that you'll use them to deepen your love of writing.
A gift of inspiration. No more writer's block. Never be at a loss for something to write about. Inspiration to carry with you wherever you write.
PLEASE NOTE: Most Writing Maps are devised with adult writers in mind. Some maps have content not appropriate for writers under 16. Recommended Writing Maps for younger writers include: The City of Inspiration Writing Map and the How to Write a Story Writing Map.
WE SHIP WORLDWIDE
Commissions and collaborations. We love collaborating and working with others to devise a Writing Map to suit your needs. Two recent collaborations have been with SistahintheRaw to create The Raw Soul Food Map, and with Jackee Holder to create Writing WIth Fabulous Trees. We've also worked with JW3 as well as The Literary Kitchen Festival to create The Peckham Writing Map. If you'd like to work with us, or if you have any questions, please click here to contact us via this form.